CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

too many cooks in the kitchen

This morning I was all excited because I was going to make blueberry pancakes!  I got these amazing blueberries from a farmers market up in Ithaca and pancakes just sounded so yummy!  So I got up and went down to the kitchen to start cooking.  Well then my housemates decided to come down and hang out in the kitchen so we could all chat (we do this a lot).  This was cool and everything for awhile and then it was just like they were watching my every move.  I'd like to note how they were commenting on how I'm always baking and stuff and how they both hate baking.  Anyways, I started cooking up my pancakes and then one of the girls decides to tell me that my pancakes look a little undercooked and I might want to leave them on there longer to get a darker brown!  Excuse me....I thought I was cooking and making them for me to eat!!!  This was not the first time I've ever made pancakes and she knew that.  I think I'm intelligent enough figure out if I want them more brown, they require more heat!  I don't think that fact is really rocket science.  (By the way, this is the same roommate that thinks she is so fantastic at everything when really, she can be quite lazy.)  Maybe it is just me but usually I don't tell someone else how to cook unless they ask me or I'm cooking WITH them otherwise it is just plan rude I think.


Anyways, my pancakes were yummy and my stomach is happy now!  My grandma always overcooked her pancakes to the point where they were crispy therefore I like mine just slightly brown which is exactly how they came out! : )

3 comments:

Katie said...

I wouldnt be able to stand that!!!
UGH!

Jericho Rose said...

We've decided to go to double bubble. I'm excited to see everyone. We are leaving GB at 12 on Friday, so we should be in Houghton by 5 or 6 after dropping Quincy off at my grandma's. What time will you be there?

alanna rose said...

That would so bug me.
Now I want pancakes, yum!