So here is my dilemma...
I'm finally getting to go down to one of our plants in KY that makes LCD screens the last week in Aug. I'm totally pumped because I finally get to install the equipment I had designed over a year ago. Plus, I think it will be really helpful to actually get some experience down in the plant and will help me understand things much better. Here is the bummer though, I have to leave Sun. night to go down there and won't get back until Fri. at 3 (Friday before labor day weekend). Plus, it will just be me and my supervisor for the WHOLE week and it will be that time of the month so I should be a ton of fun to be around! Here is where the real problem comes in. A bunch of people are heading up to Tech from the Detroit area and although its such a long ways to drive myself, it would totally be do-able if I drove to Detroit and then got a ride up to Tech with everyone else! They are all leaving on Fri. morning around 5 am and since my flight won't be coming back until 3 pm that just won't work. HOWEVER, there are some issues at the plant and our trip might be postponed until the following week. Which means I could totally take Friday off and head to Detroit Thursday night if it really does get postponed. I did tell myself that I would cut back on traveling since I was getting the mac book though which is why I'm really unsure if I should go. Plus, Monday we would be coming back from Tech and probably wouldn't leave that early which would mean I wouldn't be getting back to Corning until way early in the am on Tuesday. Usually these trips take me awhile to recover from too so I would be a deadbeat most of the week. I really, really want to go to Ho-town though b/c it would be so much fun and so great to see everyone! I'm trying not to get my hopes up that the trip will be postponed at all because until it really is, I don't even have the option to go to Ho-town anyways!
By the way, if it is postponed, I'm totally going to be stuck down in KY in a dry county with my supervisor on my birthday! Way not fun! But getting to be at Tech the weekend before would make it that much better!
What should I do if I get the option???
15 years ago
1 comments:
I was in your same situation for Memorial Day. I ended up getting back from CA for a business trip on Friday night at 9. We were supposed to leave for the UP at 3 that day, but ended up leaving Saturday morning. I was still glad we went. If you make it to Houghton, Kevin and I plan on being there as well. I know Randi is going too. Hope to see you...
Post a Comment