One of the things I absolutely love about this area (Corning, NY) is all the wineries and love of wine everyone has. (Side note: There are over 100 wineries in the area so if anyone wants to come visit for a fun weekend, you are always more then welcome to crash at my place!) Anyways, our local liquor/wine shop does these "seminars" every now and again! Tonight was you guessed it, Wine and Cheese! They are always free and located right in the store! I went to a Sake Seminar before which was really interesting! So I signed myself up weeks ago even though I thought I might be going solo and I'm so glad I went! I had some friends who tried to sign up but apparently there was even a waiting list of about 30 ppl! We got to try 10 different wine/cheese combos and they were all so good! Well at least the cheese, there were some pretty dry reds that weren't my fav but I didn't let them go to waste. I sat next to the only other young people there and they turned out to be pretty entertaining. Plus I decided that wine and cheese was definitely suitable for dinner since it covers at least two food groups, fruit and dairy!
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment