Friday Night = way fun
I had people over to grill out and have a few drinks before going out. It turned out to be a random mix of people but way fun! Someone I know just got dumped by her fiance a month ago. They dated for seven years and he just broke it off! I thought I was going through a little rough patch but man, that would really be rough.
Saturday
Today was a rough morning! I can't party like I used to at all! For some reason I made a 9 am hair appointment which was not fun to get up for. Plus I felt bad because I was in too rough of shape to wash my hair first and someone spilled beer on me last night so it probably smelled bad too!Luckily, I tried a new stylist after my horrible cut last time. (Bangs also go behind my ears again! YAY!) The new stylist did a great job and I feel so much better now! I made this appointment awhile ago and it came at the perfect time since I feel like a need a fresh new look for the new and improved me! Plus it was just way too dark for summer so the highlights definitely helped to lighten it up and make it more fun.
New and Improved Me
So I was suppose to go to a bridal shower today but the new and improved me decided last minute not to go. It is for someone I met here in Corning. She was fun at first and used to go out but for the last 8 months, I really haven't seen her! I emailed her two weeks ago to see if she could spare 5 mins to help me use Quicken and she hasn't emailed me back yet. I saw her in the cafe a week ago and she said she was really busy but she was having lunch with another friend of mine so obviously she wasn't too busy for that. Also, anytime I've had something going on, she always uses excuses to get out of it. The new and improved me decided that it is time I stop being a polite, thoughtful person to people who don't really care about me! Why should I spend 1.5 hours driving each way to a bridal shower for someone who doesn't have 5 mins for me. (By the way her wedding isn't until Oct. so its not like she is swamped with that stuff quite yet.) Instead, I spend the afternoon laying out in the sun and finish my book! I also applied this new way of thinking to a birthday party I got invited to tonight. I went to this persons party last year and even brought a bottle of wine for her. For my birthday, I didn't even get a "Happy Birthday" from her. She is one of those people who always says we should get together for lunch but never makes it happen. So again, why would I take time out of my schedule to be there for her when she doesn't make any time for me! Instead, I made a really yummy dinner for myself and cleaned out some more of my closet!
Good things today:
- Finished "It's Called a Break Up Beacause It's Broken" - such a good book
- Tried out two new recipes - both yummy, stay tuned for recipes
- Got some sun! : )
1 comments:
Its a hard realization to make - that people you care about don't care about you. I learned a lot about that when my dad died. You'll be happier now that you arent constantly trying to 'people please'. Hang in there!
Post a Comment