Day 1: Thursday
I began my trip to Houghton! I left right after work and drove from Corning to Farmington Hills, MI. Sarah and Jess let me crash at their place since we decided we were going to leave at 5 am Fri morning. It was a good drive spending half the time catching up with friends on the phone and the other half listening to my new favorite book, Eat, Pray, Love. (I seriously love this book and think its better on audio because its the author telling her story.)
Day 2: Friday
Woke up at 4:30 am after falling asleep around 12:30 am! We (Sarah, Stacey, Jess, Amanda and I) all piled into Sarah's G6 to make the 9 hour journey up to Tech. Our plan was to get there in time to shower for double bubble. It was a good trip. We were all so excited that none of us slept and just talked the whole way. I knew I was back in MI when we saw a guy driving a car with his kid in the back seat and a deer head in the front seat. Seriously, only in Northern MI will you find that shit. It was just so nice to be able to chat with the girls and catch up. It just made me realize that I really don't have anyone here in Corning that I feel comfortable talking to stuff that I can talk to alph gams about.
We got in right at 3 pm thanks to Sarah not letting us stop anywhere! : ) I showered as fast as I could and got to the DT! It was so nice out and there were three tables full of alph gams! We owned the deck! After many drinks, we decided to head to Little Lindsey's 20th b-day party. There weren't many people there besides alph gams and the guys who lived in the house where the party was at but we made the party. Also, Jess had brought her brother and a friend who was totally cute. My plan for the weekend was to find someone to make out with. I set limits as to what age b/c I didn't want to end up with someone WAY too young for me. He was 22 and a 4th year (I'm still 23 until midnight tonight) so I thought this was definitely ok for me. I did the standard name, age and major question plus he was Jess's friend and she said he was cool. I don't really know how to talk to or flirt with guys so one of the girls literally had to drag me across the floor to go talk to him. This was after I hid out in the bathroom for 5 min. I just get really nervous. Jess broke the ice for us and told him I wanted someone to make out with and thought he was hot so that helped. Plus, Jess was wasted and started puking so we both were helping her out and got her home safe. After, he walked me home and totally made out in the alph gam parking lot. It was good times! : ) I think if she hadn't started puking, we would not have made out!
There were a ton of people in the alph gam living room, some passed out on the couch and some up chatting. By the time we ordered a pizza and got done chatting it up, it was 3:30 am and I was exhausted. I crawled into Little Lindsey's bed down in the basement (she was one of the ones passed out on the couch). Then at 6 am, she crawled in bed with me! I was too tired to move so after a little heart to heart, we both just passed out!
Day 3: Saturday
It was beautiful out! I got up and went running down by the portage. I was totally sucking wind for drinking so much the night before and not getting any sleep. After, we headed to Hancock beach which was way fun. By 4 pm we were back at the DT again. After a drink there, we headed to the Ambo for pizza and fishbowls. Boy did I miss that place! Then back to the DT again after that! By this time there were so many people there including the boy I made out with the night before! We all walked down to the Dog which was pretty packed. By 12ish I was tired and had the cute boy walk me back. We might of made out for a good hour in the alph gam kitchen. ; ) Then it was time for him to leave because I told myself I could make out and that's it!
Day 4: Sunday
Not a good morning! Way hung over but I managed to get my butt up for some breakfast at Suomi! I was soooo excited because that was on my list of places and things I wanted to do while back in Houghton. I remember when Jeff and I would go there for breakfast and order a whole table of food for about $15, eat it all and then have to take a nap! It was yummy.
After, we found out Sarah was going to have to leave for her aunts funeral. She found out the day before that she passed away and Sarah needed to get down to South Carolina that day. We got her a flight out of Marquette airport so I volunteered to drive with her there and then bring her car back. It worked out well because I got to see my parents! Their house is only 40 min from the Marquette airport so we met for a few min afterwards. It was nice to see them but kind of awkward since I was really hungover and it was super hot out. Then, I drove back to Houghton and got ready for another night out! Again, we started out at the DT! I forgot to mention before that I got carded EVERYWHERE this weekend because of my sweet braces! I never used to get carded that much before them. On our way to Phi Kaps, we stopped at the Dog for a pickled egg b/c I didn't get one the night before and you have to have one while your in Houghton! It was soooo yummy! There were mostly just alph gams, phi kaps and bet sigs at phi kaps but it was still fun. It was super warm in the basement and I was still hurting from the night before so I didn't have anything to drink. I could only take so much of the frat party before a few of us left. It was only 12:30 and since most of us didn't really eat dinner, I decided we should head to Econo for some food. Luckily, I only had one drink at the DT many hours before so I could drive us! I decided to go for as much junk food as I could while still in Houghton since I refuse to let myself buy that crap when I'm at home. I got bagel bites and easy mac cheese!! Both were delicious but made me very sick the next day since my tummy doesn't handle that crap anymore!
Day 5: Monday
Time to leave....booo! Jess, Stacey, Amanda and I got in the car and headed back to Farmington Hills. It was a fun but long ride back. We stopped many more times then on the way so it took a lot longer but it was fun chatting about the weekend! Amanda and I both had found someone to make out with so the trip was successful for us! We all had a great time though. I think we all got to let out a lot of things that were going through our heads so it was really nice to talk and listen. I decided to crash at Jess and Sarah's again so I didn't have to do 17 hours in the car all in one shot. Plus I wanted to stop at IKEA on the way back to NY! : )
1 comments:
So jealous. :) Glad you had fun and happy belated birthday! :)
Post a Comment