Today was a great day! I was very productive at work all day (Mondays usually are). After working a little late, I decided to go for my usual run. For some reason I was feeling super motivated (could've been that pint of Ben and Jerry's Frozen Yogurt I downed this weekend) but I decided to keep running. I ended up running 5 miles OUTSIDE! Usually I stick to the treadmill because it is usually either too hot, too dark or too scary to run outside but I did it this time! I was really excited and exhausted when I got home. After, I finally was able to extract files and pictures off my old desktop to put on my external hard drive. This seems like a simple task but seriously it has taken me a few weeks now since my old computer is slowly dying on me and takes forever. Not sure why it magically worked today but for whatever the reason, I'll accept it! Also, my best friend from high school, Kate, decided she is going to apply for a job out here in Corning, NY!! If it is alright with my other roomies/landlord, I told her it is fine with me to move into my upstairs apartment and share with me! This would be really fun because I think it would be good for both of us. Possibly a little crowded but something I'm willing to try. Unfortunately the night ended with me having to do more work. My supervisor told me today that he would like some concept modeled in Solidworks for his presentation this week which he thought was on Wednesday. Turns out it is at 11 am tomorrow so I had to work like mad to get it done tonight. I totally forgot one of the papers I needed with all the info so looks like I'll be heading in early tomorrow morning! Oh well...the earlier I go in, the earlier I get to leave, right? Anyways, it was a good day! Definitely didn't get everything on my to do list done but I'm learning that is OK.
On a side note, tonight I noticed that even when I was running I was planning! I seriously think I'm nuts! I decided that there can be no planning while running and it purely needs to be time for me! To distract myself from planning I decided that I should dance a little while I run. I think this both provides amusement for others who might see me running and makes me happy! :)
15 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment