I think I need to start apply to the Discovery Channel show "Dirty Jobs" to get them to come to my job. The project I am working on requires us to honk this 150 db, 220 Hz horn at parts that are sitting in a frame I made. Apparently this is a crazy loud horn that could shake your insides! It is even louder then the horn they use in my city to wake us all up at 6:45 am, 7 am, 7:45 am and 8:00 am. Anyways, we've been searching for weeks for a place we can run this test and today we found one! I got to take a little trunk golf cart thing to go check it out which definitely made for a fun field trip. So the hole is literally a huge 35" manhole that goes to a 8'x8'x8' bunker at the bottom of the hill our of facility! The bunker is just made of concrete and has about 1-2" of water on the bottom and is home to a few rats and bullfrogs! And this is where we will honk our horn! We are scheduled to run the test next Wednesday and thats when I'm suppose to be up in Buffalo, NY. I don't know if this is a blessing or not cool since I kind of wanted to be there to see what exactly this horn can do. So that is what the massive manhole is all about! Hopefully no animals will be hurt in the process but I do have to say I hope they are gone by the time I go down in there! I forgot to mention that for safety reasons, two people are required to stand outside the manhole while one person is down in there just in case something happens! NICE!
15 years ago
1 comments:
Welcome to blogging. Yes, it is addicting! :)
Post a Comment