So today after work, I really thought my head was going to explode! It was one of those times where you just get thinking about everything and can't stop. Today at work I learned one of my good friends/only girlfriend/second mom is going to have her last day on the 30th. She is a contractor and it was only so much time before her contract ended. Luckily, she will still have a job so that is good. It just sucks not having any girl friends to talk to at work. Guys just don't understand the need to have small talk. Seriously I have to pretend to be interested ice fishing to have a conversation with one of the guys, another I pretend to be interested in his farm equipment and the list just goes on from there. Brenda, person getting laid off, was the one person I could go tell what was really on my mind and stupid random stuff like how I put my underwear on inside out that morning or how I totally pretended to get groceries I didn't need to follow these cute guys around the grocery store! Somehow, I just can't see telling the guys at work that stuff. So I guess this was kind of the kickoff of what to expect for the upcoming year. Just like almost everywhere else in the US, we are starting to let contractors go and then it is only time before retiree packages and then us. I think I should be good but who knows! Although I will gladly keep my job, it just won't be the same working without the people that actually make my job enjoyable! I finally felt like I had a good group of people to hang out with and things were going well and now everything is changing.....I guess that is how life goes!
15 years ago
1 comments:
Hey hun! I hope the date is going well tonight. I'm so sorry again to hear about your co-worker. At least you had the time you did with her. She sounded like she kept your sanity when you needed her to and maybe you wouldn't have made it this far without her. Hang in there! Love ya!
Post a Comment